Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Special Needs

I thought this was a great quote! One of my facebook friends shared this, so I thought I would pass it along too! I have learned so much after having a special needs child! This evening we headed over to Hastings. Sean took Jayden and headed to the movie area. Jayden saw a calender that had some animals on it and wanted to look at it. So Sean went through the whole calender with Jayden. Jayden knew all the animals in it and was making the signs for each one. Another little boy came over and asked if Jayden knew what those animals were and how come Jayden couldn't talk. Sean told this boy that Jayden does know those animals and he does know how to say what they are. Then this boy asked how? And Sean said, "Have you heard of sign language?" This boy thought that was so cool that Jayden knew all the signs of these animals.

No comments: