Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Jayden......

Jayden has been doing great health-wise. I took him in to see his pediatrition recently and he wants Jayden to have a sleep study done. He's never had one and the recommendation is for down syndrome kids to have one done before the age of 4. Well he's 4 1/2 years old, so I guess it's time. Down syndrome people tend to have sleep apnea, so that's why they recomend the sleep study. At least we can get that done in town. But his pediatrition and ENT doctor both want him to have an extensive hearing screening that we will have to have done in Albuquerque. He will have to be sedated for that. And we also are suppose to take him to see a pediatric ENT doctor, which is also in Albuquerque. I'm starting to feel like we should just move to Albuquerque. Our small town doesn't have a lot to offer for pediatric specialist.

Jayden has also been doing great at preschool this year. He went back to school this fall like the summer never happened. I'm so glad he has such a great teacher and the staff at the preschool has been wonderful! I think about Jayden going to kindergarten next year and I really don't think he will be ready. But when it comes to a special needs child, are they ever ready? I'm hoping the preschool will decide that he can stay in preschool another year. We will have to see!

No comments: