We went to California to visit Sean's brother and his family in July. I'm late posting. We left on July 5th and drove to Las Vegas. Sean and I have never been there so it was a place to stay and visit for a night on our way to Cali. We went to the M&M's store. We also stopped at Hoover Dam on our way into Vegas. It was really hot there and we also drove down the strip and by the temple. The next day (6th) we headed to Cali. We did a lot of driving this day. We went through Sequoia National Park on our way to Kevin's house. (Sean's brother) One thing that I thought was amazing was before we headed into Sequoia, we stopped at an A&W to get a treat and I ordered a Root Beer freeze (you know where the ice cream and soda is blended together). Well anyways, Jayden wanted it. So I gave it to him and he actually drank about 1/3 of it! (Too bad that later on he threw it up!) That's a whole other story! Every time we traveled a long distance, Jayden would throw up. I finally decided that he gets car sick. Sequoia was amazing! The biggest trees I have ever seen! We finally got to Kevin's house really really late that night. He lives off the beaten path, out in the country so it was really interesting to drive to his house. It was nice spending time with them. One day we went to this little lake and Sean took the boys on a paddle boat. It was really hot there though! Then on Monday, (9th) we headed south/west to Monterey. I have always wanted to visit there and I LOVE the ocean. It had been about 4 years since we had been to the ocean and I can't believe how much I missed it! The sight, the sound, the smell! We went to Cannery Row and Old Fisherman's Wharf. We drove down the 17-mile highway. It was really pretty and we took a ton of pictures! The boys loved going to the beach and looking for seashells. Even Jayden kept saying "beach! beach!" The fog was a huge change from New Mexico! And it was nice and cool there! Then on Wednesday, we headed home and stayed in Flagstaff on our way home. That was the nicest hotel we stayed in the whole time! Too bad it was only for one night and we didn't even get to swim there! I was really reluctant to even go on this LONG road trip but I'm glad I have a very persistent husband and he literally made me go. I loved it and it was nice getting out of town! Here are some pictures!
 |
| Las Vegas, Nevada Temple |
 |
| Our family at the M&M Store. |
 |
| On the road in Cali. Lots of orchards. It seems there were fruit/produce stands everywhere! |
 |
| On the road into Sequoia National Park. |
 |
| Inside the park. The trees are getting bigger. |
 |
| Another shot from the road. |
 |
| Nick inside one of the trees. |
 |
| Looking up. |
 |
| Tyler and Nick standing by a big tree. |
 |
| At Kevin's house. Jayden chasing the chickens. |
 |
| Jayden with cousins Sidney and Ally. |
 |
| The kids checking out the pig. |
 |
| The pond on Kevin's property. |
 |
| The kids on the deck watching the pond. |
 |
| Nick and Jayden on the hammock. |
 |
| We went to Sutter's Mill. |
 |
| Sean and Jayden at a park/pond. |
 |
| Nick and Tyler swimming at the lake. |
 |
| Getting ready to head out on the paddle boat. |
 |
| Everyone on paddle boats. |
 |
| Sacramento Temple |
 |
| Cannery Row in Monterey. |
 |
| Ghirardelli's Chocolate! |
 |
| In Monterey |
 |
| A sailboat in Monterey Bay. |
 |
| A fishing boat. |
 |
| We ate at The Fish Hopper! Yum! |
 |
| The fog coming in. |
 |
| Nick, Jayden and Tyler walking at San Carlos Beach. |
 |
| At Old Fisherman's Wharf in Monterey. |
 |
| The Beach! |
 |
| Interesting sign! |
 |
| The fog leaving! |
1 comment:
Looks like a great vacation!
Post a Comment