Monday, August 8, 2011

New Yard!!

We finally finished our landscaping project! It seems like it took FOREVER! Only about 6 months, forever, because we ended up doing most of it ourselves. Here are the pictures!

The BIG pile of rocks! We hired a guy to clear all this out.

The before shot.

Another before picture.

A before picture. We had concrete poured here. I don't have an after picture because it didn't turn out that great and honestly I just haven't taken a picture of the finished area. But I must admit that even though the concrete isn't the best, it looks better than this:

The work in progress.

A stump from a nasty bush we pulled out.

The men all proud that they pulled that stump out!

The new rock border.

New rocks and retaining bricks around the big tree. There used to be those red rocks here.

Our sod being delivered! And you see that little bit of dirt on the right? There is a pine tree right in the middle that will be coming out and I'm putting my veggie garden here next year!

The boys inspecting the pallets of grass.

The grass all rolled out!

The new front yard! We planted a new tree and a new bush. The tree is a purple locust tree and the bush is a lilac.

View from across the street.

2 comments:

TJMSmomma said...

Nice!

Holly said...

Lovely! What a big difference!