Thursday, May 21, 2009

Venting Here

If you don't want to read my vent, then don't! I am writing this more as an outlet to my issues this week. First off, it totally sucks living in a 50+ year old house! And yes, I know, that I just wrote a blog about how grateful I am for my home. We have been working in our yard trying to make it look pretty (mainly our back yard), well anyways, we decided our front yard needs A LOT of help. I want to eventually put grass in where the rocks are. We tried to xeroscape when we bought the house, but now we are finding out that it's more work to keep all the weeds out than it is just to take care of grass and pay a water bill. Well anyways, we turned the water on in front on Monday and thought nothing of it. Well a couple of hours later, Nick comes in and says there is water in front of his closet. I would usually just tell him to take care of it himself, but I had this feeling to go and check it out. What I found was about 2 inches of water in his closet and surrounding area and in my closet because they share a common wall. So I run outside to turn the water off and get busy moving all my stuff and Nick and Jayden's stuff out of closets. I was very glad that Sean has a shop vac! So we cleaned up as much water as we could and called the plumber. Over the winter, we had a pipe break in the wall and so when we turned on that outside water for the first time, it flooded. It is now fixed (along with a hole in my wall) and I'm hoping that we don't get mold/mildew. But it's not drying as quickly as I would like and it was turning a weird color. So I took my carpet spot cleaner and cleaned along the walls. Hopefully that will do the trick. And I'm sitting here writing this thinking that I want to just dump this money pit house. I know that I will change my mind tomorrow because that's what happens. I sometimes want to sell and other times want to stay. Can't seem to make up my mind!

And on to my other issue. Jayden has not been keeping his sats. up like I or the doctor would like. We are now puting him back on oxygen for his naps because he drops his sat. level. Well yesturday he dropped in the afternoon after his nap. Not sure why and the on-call nurse is freaking me out and telling me that "maybe he has some underlining issue that we don't know about." GREAT! Now I have another thing to worry about.

On top of all of this, I have cub scouts to deal with! I'm glad that Amy had decided not to meet this week (Thanks Amy!) I have a million things on my plate right now. But I did not need the cub scout day camp coordinator calling me and telling me that our ward needs another leader. I do not have anyone to watch Jayden for me all day! What does this woman expect me to do? I can't take him to their tot spot during the day camp. He has too many medical needs. So Sean is taking off a day so I can attend one day, but what about the other days? Not sure what will happen. I really think Nick will like day camp, but maybe he won't be able to go because we just don't have the leadership available. So, this is the end of my vent! I really am not an ungrateful person! I'm just tired of dealing with one thing after another. I am very grateful that Jayden is here with us and that he continues to thrive. I just wanted to add that little disclosure for anyone reading this and thinking, "I can't believe how selfish she is."

5 comments:

megan ann. said...

I don't think your selfish. Dang! That sounds like a lot of stress.... I'm sorry =(

Steph said...

I dont think you selfish. In fact I think your great and I really look up to you and your family and how strong you are through everything. Im so sorry about your wall and all the water!!!! And im sorry about scouts and dont think its right that you are expected to be there when everyone knows you have to take care of Jayden. *hugs* The Lord is mindful of you!

Holly said...

I am really sorry about the water situation. :( Boo. I hope that it will dry up and not leave any bad stains or smells.
And for Jayden, I do not know how you do it. Honestly, I admire you so much for being such a strong mother and woman. HF will bless you for that.
And as for scouts, I am going to take a day to help out too. So maybe that can free up a day for you to not have to go. Hope you guys have a much better weekend!

Eli & Corinne said...

You're just amazing. I have days I want to just quit! Too bad it's not so easy! Best of luck. Hope you're son gets to go to day camp, if that's what he wants to do.

Maran said...

Ugh! I'm so sorry to hear about your flood. We had a flood last week when we turned on the swamp cooler. Unfortunately, It ruined carpet, sub floor, walls on both levels of the house, and the ceiling in several rooms. We actually have to move out of the house for a week while a repair team fixes all the damage. I'm really scared that our insurance premiums are going to sky rocket.

As for everything else, you don't sound selfish at all. I wonder if they could have several moms go up to camp and help out. Maybe one each day? That way it wouldn't all be on you. Take care, and hang in there.