Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Update

Jayden had his swallow study done yesturday. He did not want to cooperate. But they managed to get one swallow recorded and it was the liquid one. So I think his swallowing abilities is fine. Now we have to work with the speech pathologist to get him to eat better and get the majority of his calories orally. Then we can get rid of the feeding tube for good! Whew! Will be so relieved when that's done!

Sean has been having problems with his knee. It's been swollen and sore for about 3 months. He has been seeing a doctor and had an MRI done on it. The MRI showed that there is nothing wrong, just some swelling and fluid. So Sean has had some steriod injections (which helps temporarily) and they have aspirated some of the fluid and sent it off to the lab. It has shown nothing. So either he has an injury that the MRI just didn't pick up or something else is going on. So he is scheduled to have surgery on Feb. 16. Hopefully they will be able to find out something and prevent Sean from having to have his knee replaced in the next few years.

Tyler is getting ready to start track practice next week. He has been busy with school and science fair.

Nicholas is getting ready to start his soccer season for spring. His team needed a new coach for this season and so Sean has decided to coach his team. (Bad timing, with his surgery.) Nick is also preparing for his baptizm which will happen next month!

I am just trying to keep up with the kids and all they have going on. We contemplated selling our house again and have decided that right now might not be the best time. Soooo we are going to look at redoing our kitchen. It's the last room in our house to be redone and I'm thinking the most expensive. Well that's it for this update!

5 comments:

Maran said...

Sounds like things are progressing really well with Jayden. That's great! Hopefully they can figure out what is going on with Sean's knee. It's no fun to be in pain.

How exciting to be redoing your kitchen. Plus, it will help the resale value of your home if and when you do decide to sell. Wish we could redo ours, sigh. . .

Jenni James said...

YAY! Things are lookin up for you guys! I'm soo happy for you! And I can't wait to see your new kitchen! LOL!

Holly said...

Sounds like you guys have your plate FULL! I hope Sean's surgery goes well. What can I do to help??
I really liked my house even better after we got our kitchen done! If you need any advice or questions call me.

megan ann. said...

where would you be moving to if you did sell your house?

Steph said...

I hope Sean's knee gets better soon!!!